Computers at the Next Championship - Forum
ICAONA - International Checkers Association of North America
Registration   Login
Welcome Guest| RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » General » Planning of 2011 Tournament » Computers at the Next Championship
Computers at the Next Championship
mschribrDate: Tuesday, 2011-10-04, 6:17 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
I have a suggestion for your next US Open Championship. Allow computers to play in the championship. This will stimulate interest in International Checkers.

LuDate: Wednesday, 2012-01-18, 11:48 PM | Message # 2
Private
Group: Administrators
mschribr, a little unorthodox...not easy to technically ... and not sure if players would like it... after all, people can play with machines at home - they may resent coming and paying tournament fee to play with machine...

mschribrDate: Friday, 2012-01-20, 3:36 PM | Message # 3
Private
Group: Users
Lu, thank you for replying to my message.
Unorthodox, but it would spur public interest and growth in the ICAONA and international checkers.
Why is this technically hard? One person could run Kingsrow International on his laptop computer at the tournament.
Yes, people can play machines at home, but most people will not have the latest version of the program because it is expensive or experimental and requires a fast laptop computer. My guess is this would be a one time authorization, because the computer would be too strong and easily win every game.
I think players want to see what a computer would do to the human champion. Strong players would learn something new. This would be international checkers played at the highest level.
Mark Schreiber

Forum » General » Planning of 2011 Tournament » Computers at the Next Championship
Page 1 of 11
Search: